Sunday, July 24, 2011

No eBooks for Me

I have spent too many hours trying to get things in order for the Kindle.  I figured out how to get a nice HTML book using htlatex, but the mobi book creator screwed it up pretty bad.  I've also reviewed some software for cracking DRM.   It's not a pleasant prospect to work a week or two getting a few eBook choices available and having someone start giving the book away.

Sometimes it seems that you are swimming upstream and you might as will turn around and go with the flow.  CreateSpace makes it possible to print books fairly cheaply and perhaps I need to focus on printed books.  For the next edition I think I will choose bigger pages, since it was a little challenging fitting assembly code with comments in the 6.14 inch width.  Next time I will go for 7x10.   It will make it possible to produce higher quality.

I will make my slides next. I have 2 of the 19 chapters' slides prepared now.  It will probably take a day or two per chapter.  I would like to be done by August 24 when classes start.

No comments: