Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chapter 4 slides now on asm.seyfarth.tv

I have spent some time today touching up the seyfarth.tv web site.  I am trying to use simply HTML for some pages and htlatex for others.  I find htlatex better for writing report-like pages.  I find it easier to use HTML pages for pages with lots of links.

I found a picture of my book on Amazon earlier, but it's gone now.  It seems a bit mysterious to me, but I think it will be available on Amazon later this week.

I have completed the slides for Chapter 4 which is about how the CPU uses the 4 level page table hierarchy to do logical to physical address translation.  I initially though I would skip it, but it seems fairly easy to understand, so I plan to teach it this fall.

I updated my web sites to run on Amazon's Cloud Front with their S3 storage.  I was forced to change my plan a little since seyfarth.tv/asm would not load the default index,html file.  So the real web site is asm.seyfarth.tv which I hope will be quicker and more reliable.  My DSL service goes out every time it rains in Southern California and I live in Southern Mississippi.

No comments: