Monday, August 08, 2011

More source code files available

My web site for the Assembly book, http://seyfarth.tv/asm, now has source code for Chapters 1-10.  During this process a few errors were found in the book and have been noted in the errata on the same site.

The process of organizing the source code is going quite well.  I ran into a program which persisted in not working properly with either gdb or ygdb.  The goal was to place a break point on main to simplify debugging.  I issued the command "b main" and it placed a break on a line in the copy_array function.  I don't understand this yet, but it was solved by making main appear before copy_array in the source code file.  Very strange...  I think I have debugged programs where main was at the bottom before, but it is so easy to be confused about precisely what you have done when using computers.

In any case I have 28 assembly source files in the current download and 3 C source files.  The various Makefiles build all the programs and I am pretty sure I have tested them all.  Testing is paramount.

You can find my book easily at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  You can also find the direct link at  CreateSpace using https://www.createspace.com/3651611.

No comments: