Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finished source code preparation

I have completed the organizing of code forthe rest of the book.  I expect that there will be some changes made to the code as I teach the class and learn what people need in the code.  There is a fair amount of code written over 3 months as I studied and wrote about 64 bit assembly language.  I am sure there is some amount of "style" changes during this time.  I have yet to see of think of a way to make assembly language look as stylish as C++.  No matter what you do assembly code requires attention to details which can be partially handled by the syntax of the language in C++.  Things like forgetting which register is first, second and third aren't issues in C++.  In fact C++ can sometimes keep you out of trouble with attempts to pass data of the wrong type into a function.  In assembly there is hardly any concept of type.

As usual the source code can be downloaded from http://seyfarth.tv/asm and the CreateSpace site for the book is https://www.createspace.com/3651611.

No comments: