Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kompozer

I decided I needed to start working once again on my web pages.  The main page for http://www.rayseyfarth.com has been too boring.  It has been simple text on a light yellow background.  So I did a little googling and found that people liked bluefish pretty well.  So I gave it a whirl.

I rapidly got tired of viewing the html code.  It's tedious thinking in terms of a markup language when what you are thinking about is conceptually simpler.  I know that I have used LaTeX for my textbook, but at least it offers some interesting things like excellent equation formatting and I also have figured out how to use htlatex fairly well to produce an ebook.

So it was time to try google again.  This time I tried "wysisyg html linux" and found that people recommended kompozer.  So I installed kompozer and started using it.

I found that you still have html structures at work, but you can work on them while seeing the page roughly as it ultimately will look.  You can also switch over to editing the html to add a few tweaks.  This seems like an acceptable compromise to me.

I have the basics of a fairly nice web site started now.  I have lots of color on the front page and hopefully I haven't gone too far in the other direction.  I would hate to be gaudy.

No comments: